Thursday 20 August 2015

Team Godrej Interio, Design My Kitchen Please? #HomeCanvas


I am a home-maker and love cooking for my family and friends, so quite naturally most of my time is spent in the kitchen. My kitchen is indeed the heart of my home - for it's here that I plan all the meals for the family, it's here that I work on new recipes, chart out the week's menu and where many a times my husband sits and has his meals and gives me company as I cook. Moreover, my husband too is fond of cooking and loves to experiment in the kitchen   whenever he has spare time cook in hand. 

It has been more than a decade that we shifted in our house and in all these years, my kitchen has hardly seen any major change in design. Though I love my kitchen, but of late there are a few things about it that have started to bother me. One of the major concerns is the problem of termite, which is eating into most of the wooden storage spaces. Another big issue is the lack of enough storage area to keep little knick-knacks that keep making their way into the kitchen - little bottle of spices, new tea mugs and other sundry kitchen items. I understand the kitchen is in need of a major overhaul, but the idea of moving everything apart seems so daunting that I keep postponing it altogether.




But given the condition of the kitchen, inwardly I know that I will have to get it sorted sometime soon now, and this has had me dreaming about the changes I would love to incorporate in my kitchen. As you must have guessed from the many things stocked up on the tiny shelf and the big marble shelf, storage is indeed the primary of concerns in my kitchen. Plus the layout and design too looks dated, so my priority is to go for a design that offers space, style and convenience and at the same time is easy to maintain.

I would love to have this kitchen transformed into a modern modular kitchen, for they are not just more sturdy and functional, but also more durable in moist kitchen environments. The icing on the cake is that modular kitchens are termite free, thanks to the use of stainless steel instead of wood. So if I opt for a modular steel kitchen, I would not have to worry about keeping an eye out for the termite control spray or getting the cupboards changed every few years. Also after all these years of a boring kitchen design, it would be exciting to experiment with a contemporary and colourful look for the most used part of the house.

Since Godrej Interio is a pioneer brand in home furniture, I browsed through their website to get a more in-depth idea about modular kitchen designs and I was left amazed at the wide variety of kitchen accessories that website has on display. And since the brand is also giving bloggers an opportunity to get their home/favourite room transformed, I will just cross my fingers and wish the Godrej team picks up my humble kitchen for the miracle makeover!



Browsing the kitchen section of the Godrej Interio website, I have come across so many layout and designs ideas that look like an exact replica of the dream kitchen I have in mind. Check out the designs above - they are precisely what I am looking for in my kitchen - neat and sorted space and very contemporary and vibrant to look at. There is another design that I came across while looking for kitchen design ideas and this one shared below too seems to mirror the kind of kitchen design concept I have in mind. How lovely it would be to have a kitchen such as one of these. With this kind of makeover, all my kitchen woes would be taken care of. 


So this is how I want my kitchen to look like - modern, spacious and convenient. I hope my humble kitchen gets lucky in the #HomeCanvas campaign and gets picked up for a makeover by the Godrej Interio team. Fingers crossed. 


I am participating in the Upload and Transform #HomeCanvas activity in association with Godrej Interio and Blogadda. If you are not blogging, you can still be a part of this activity. Here's how.

Photo credits : Godrej Interio, Yabeen.com

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also on the hunt for a good kitchen remodeler. Well, actually my wife is and I just "help" look. I tell you what, I'm glad it's not all up to me to decide. There are so many looks and details out there that it seems impossible to decide on anything. Thanks for posting this, though.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Super and very unique color combination thanks for sharing these designs.
    kitchen interior design Bangalore

    ReplyDelete